Morning News from India - April 24, 2018 Tweet24 Apr 2018
- Reliance Lifts Sensex, Nifty To Over Two-Month High (Bloomberg Quint)
- India’s Own Red-Blue Divide (Bloomberg)
- Celebrating TCS’s triumph and the spunk of Flipkart (Livemint)
We will still carp about how TCS isn’t a Microsoft and why it doesn’t have the same number of patents or why Flipkart couldn’t go on to become an Alibaba or a Tencent. It is after all, our right to expect more from our champions. But for all that, let us also celebrate the triumph of knowledge over physical assets, of mind over matter. The success of these two companies, and hundreds more like them, is nothing short of a modern day miracle.
- CEO Salil Parekh wants 3 years to transform Infosys (Economic Times) - INFY
- Infosys Analyst day materials (Infosys IR) - INFY
- Q4 results done, what should investors in HDFC Bank focus on? (Livemint) - HDB
- Start of Indian outsourcing industry - Interview with TCS’s first CEO Faqir Chand Kohli (Livemint) - INFY, WIT
I remember, in 1972, I went to Mr. Tata (JRD Tata) and told him that I have no work. I had finished all work that was available with banks. Mr. Tata was worried. But then I got elected as director on board of IEEE, New York. I built up my own connections. I worked with Burroughs, which was the No. 2 company after IBM. They gave us the first job. And after that, exports took off.
- TCS’s record $100 billion valuation is riding on a wing and a prayer (Livemint) - INFY, WIT
Walmart-Amazon battle for Flipkart