Morning News from India - May 2, 2018 Tweet02 May 2018
- Sensex, Nifty end flat ahead of Fed decision (Economic Times)
- India factory PMI rises in April on strong domestic demand (Livemint)
- India’s Economy Will Work When Its Women Do (Bloomberg Quint)
- Auto shares rise on strong April sales numbers (Livemint) - TTM
- Why India’s Packaged Food Market Will Jump To $200 Billion In A Decade (Bloomberg Quint)
- Tim Cook Reiterates Apple’s India Retail Plan After ‘Record First Half’ (Bloomberg Quint)
“Our objective over time is to go in there [India] with all of our different initiatives from retail and everything else,” Cook said at an earnings call. He said the company’s revenue rose 20 percent in the emerging markets in the second quarter ended March and set a “new first half record” for India.
- Flipkart Sale Intensifies as Amazon Makes a Formal Offer to Buy Majority Stake in The Company (India.com)
- Flipkart-Walmart deal talks enter final stages (Livemint)
SoftBank, Flipkart’s largest shareholder, was pushing other investors to wait for a rival offer for Flipkart from Amazon. But the Japanese company has now agreed to sell the online retailer to Walmart as all the other key shareholders, including Tiger Global Management, Naspers and Accel Partners, were firm in their preference for Walmart, the people said.
- How Walmart is getting ready for a bruising battle with Amazon in India (Economic Times)